Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Monkey Bread


We have a tradition of having Monkey Bread for breakfast on the morning of General Conference. I've usually been able to buy it already made in the frozen section at Wal-Mart and then it only takes 2 minutes in the microwave to cook. Super easy and really good!! When I went to buy it this time, they didn't have it, so I decided to make it myself. It took FOREVER to do, but was REALLY good! The recipe was easy enough but took lots of planning ahead. Here's the recipe:

Cinnamon Monkey Bread


1 pkg. Bridgford Parkerhouse or White Rolls OR 1 & 1/2 loaves Bridgford Frozen Bread Dough, thawed

1/2 cup melted butter or margarine

1 cup granulated sugar

2 teaspoons cinnamon


Lightly grease a 10-12 cup fluted tube pan. If using loaves of dough, divide whole loaf of Bridgford Frozen Bread Dough into 16 equal pieces and half loaf into 8 equal pieces for a total of 24 pieces of dough. If using rolls, there is no need to divide dough. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. Dip each piece of dough in melted butter and roll in sugar mixture. Make sure that the dough is coated generously with sugar mixture. Place each piece of dough evenly in pan. Let the dough rise until double in size or until the dough has risen to just under the top rim of the pan. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30-40 minutes. The bread should be well-browned and sound hollow when tapped ontop. Remove from oven and turn out of pan immediately.

We really enjoyed it and I think I will make it from scratch next time, but I just need to remember to start it much earlier so we can actually have it for breakfast instead of lunch!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh, I'm so hungry and I love that stuff, wish I was there to have helped eat it!