Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bathroom Completion




We finally got the bathroom done - a full week later. I knew it would take all week, but had no idea how much work it really was going to be. I'm so glad to finally be done.....at least with this project. We (my mom & I) took down some wallpaper, but then mom painted over the wallpaper with oil based Kilz, then we textured, Kilz'd again, then painted the blue. The cabinets were another issue. I don't know if any of you have painted much with black, but it's not the easiest thing to do. I bought the highest quality paint I could and had tons of trouble with it drying. We started painting the black last Wednesday or Thursday and it's still tacky to the touch today. I e-mailed the manufacturer and they said that black can take 7-10 days to completely dry. We'll see. Anyway, I love the way it turned out and I'm glad to have my bathroom back!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh wow, that looks great. I'm not jealous of the work, but that turned out really cute.